Healthy eating resources
Fruit and vegetable IWB, recipes, worksheets and healthy eating
displays, lesson plans and games
Worksheets and sorting
- Healthy eating sorting Cards to sort food into eat lots, eat everyday or eat occasionally.
- Writing resources Writing work sheets for the topic of ourselves.
- Describing a fruit Work sheets to describe what a fruit looks, tastes, smells and feels like.
- Healthy fruit and veg Charts, lesson plan and website links to encourage a healthy diet.
- What is your favourite fruit and vegetable? Smiley face worksheet to use after fruit and vegetable tasting in class.
- Fruit and vegetables Medium term plan for a fruit and veg topic.
- Food sentences Food themed introduction to writing sentences.
- Food flashcards Word document for display or flashcards of food.
IWB and displays
- Healthy eater chart Chart to promote healthy eating.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar PowerPoints to use in relation to healthy eating.
- Healthy living PowerPoint About healthy living for Foundation stage or KS1.
- Sign language pictures for common foods Booklet showing sign language images of popular foods.
- All made with food PowerPoint pictures made entirely from food.
- Harvest food presentation Images prompting questions about where our food comes from.
- Fruits and vegetables PowerPoint about the differences between fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy diet - why bother? PowerPoint giving facts about a healthy diet.
Games and activities
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Healthy eating board game based on the popular book.
- Handa?s surprise game Book based healthy eating game.
- Food groups mobile Make a mobile showing the five food groups.
- My favourite meal plate Draw a favourite meal onto a paper plate.
- The enormous turnip song Fun song which the children will love.
- Food topic Collection of resources to support the food topic.
- Fruit problem solving IWB about sharing, dividing, multiplying and counting.
- Healthy eating top trumps Use as a starter when discussing healthy food choices.
Healthy eating recipes
- Gingerbread man How to make a gingerbread man plus sequencing activities.
- Recipes for biscuit men Simple instructions to make biscuit men.
- Recipes for fruit salad Follow simple instructions to make fruit salad.
- Pumpkin soup lesson plan Introducing pumpkins as part of fruit and vegetable/ harvest topic.
- Recipe sheets Six recipes, including fish cakes, low fat bread rolls and muffins.
- Making mincepies photo recipe Simple photo cards for making mincepies.