Behaviour management resources
Every teacher needs to manage behaviour effectively to ensure the best learning environment for all pupils. However this does not mean that every teacher has to re-invent the wheel. Here are some of the best free resources from TES on behaviour and classroom management strategies.
- Agree the classroom rules and set the boundaries with this class contract, to be signed by every pupil.
- Intended for Primary and Early Years, this achievement note is a great way to send praise home.
- Monitor positive progress with this weekly star chart for good behaviour.
- Personalise this report card template to suit your lesson times and comment style.
- A clear visual progression ladder for pupils to understand the consequences of their behaviour.
- Help pupils manage their time effectively with this adaptable timer.
- A fun take on a countdown timer, this marbles PowerPoint is sure to motivate your pupils to respond.
- This insightful video and accompanying resources show practical strategies to deal with ADHD as well as whole class management.
- A list of ten simple tips from TES adviser Tom Bennett to help you manage behaviour in the classroom.
- This resource gives guidance on how to prepare and manage your seating plan.
- A thoughtful resource encouraging teachers to use their body language as a behaviour management tool.
- A reflection tool to encourage pupils to accept responsibility for behaviour that also serves as a helpful record for teachers in case of repeat incidents.
- This video shows a national course that provides practical strategies for dealing with poor behaviour.
- A Teachers TV video that highlights the benefits of a consistent teacher-TA approach to behaviour.
- Useful for Inset or training, this resource outlines strategies for dealing with aggressive behaviour.