Remembrance Day collection
Help your pupils commemorate the soldiers who fought and died for their country with these Remembrance Day assemblies, activities and free resources.
- A good assembly with some great images which can be edited.
- Fantastic for Primary School. Simple information and clear explanation as to why we wear poppies.
- Great for a consolidation task. The crossword could also be used for homework. ICT is needed for the quiz.
- An excellent presentation. Good pictures and the text is not too complicated, so suitable for primary school pupils.
- A thoroughly enjoyable activity which primary school children will enjoy.
- Great for keyword spelling to display or to hand to the pupils. Most suited to KS1 and 2.
- Some useful images. Very simple pictures and questions to rouse discussion.
- Although intended as an assembly, this can also be used in class. The pictures are very emotive and thought-provoking.
- A mix of history and English. A great way to analyse poetry with clear historical links.
- A good resource with a nice activity: to write a remembrance poem after examining sources.
- Possible ICT lesson with research could be used as a consolidation task.
- Very clear success criteria. I like how the PowerPoint focuses on remembrance from WWI up to modern conflicts.
- A SOW which can be used to plan a selection of lessons on remembrance day.
- An alternative way to teach about Remembrance Day which incorporates cross-curricular links.
- Great to use during tutor time or in class. An activity for the pupils using their surname.
- An interesting PowerPoint with good sentence starters and clear instructions.
- Well planned task guiding students towards creating a Remembrance Day assembly.