Primary RE - Hinduism
This collection highlights the best of our RE resources covering Hinduism. Thanks to our marvellous contributors, we have many interesting and informative resources: from introducing key aspects of the faith, to a trump card game to discover all about Hindu gods. As an added bonus, we have included the relevant QCDA units at the end (Years 3 and 4). If you have Primary RE Hinduism resources you would like to add to this collection, email firstname.lastname@example.org
KS1 Big Books about Hinduism
- Books for sharing at the IWB on Festivals and Hindu gods.
Through the Keyhole
- Drag the keyhole and work out what is happening in the scene. Great as a starter activity for Hinduism throughout Primary.
- KS1 activities based around the characters of Seema and Ranji (6 year old twins living in West Wales), including an electronic story and discussion topics.
Introduction to Hinduism
- Basic information about Hinduism for KS1 or SEN pupils.
Hindu Gods - Top Trump Cards 1
Hindu Gods - Top Trump Cards 2
Hindu Gods - Top Trump Cards 3
Hindu Gods - Top Trump Cards 4
- Superb resources to have some fun whilst learning about Hindu gods! Most suitable for KS2.
The Hindu Home Shrine
- Worksheet for labelling a shrine.
The Hindu Festival of Holi
- The story behind the festivities.
The Four Paths to Braham
- Knowledge, meditation, love and doing your best.
Hinduism - welcoming a new baby
- Simple and accessible for young children, this PowerPoint shows how a new baby is celebrated in a Hindu family.
Why do Hindus have divas?
How do Hindus prepare for Divali?
How do Hindus see God?
What children are taught
What is a shrine?
One God who takes many forms
What happens in a mandir?
Acts of worship in the home
What have we learnt?