TES teaching resources sex and relationships
Help students explore their sexual and gender identity with these teaching resources covering safe sex and pregnancy as well as homosexual and heterosexual relationships. We have PowerPoints, videos and games to prepare you for teaching this sensitive element of PSHE.
Videos from Teachers TV
- Listen to teenagers discuss their opinions about marriage and divorce in this Teachers TV video.
- Resources to help pupils engage in discussions about the emotions of teenage relationships.
- Students can debate and discuss what makes a healthy and unhealthy relationship with this presentation.
- Students shouldn’t be ashamed to talk about contraception; try this PowerPoint and leaflet activity getting students to educate their peers about different safe sex options.
- Handy factsheets that explain different contraception methods concisely and clearly – perfect for students to understand.
- Break down contraception myths and answer FAQs so students don’t have to ask with this colourful and informative presentation.
- Explain the consequences of unsafe sex with this hard hitting PowerPoint containing images and shocking statistics.
- Revise sexual health with these cards featuring sexually transmitted infections.
- Highlight the risks of unprotected sex with this game and quiz.
- Presentation looking at the issues faced by teen parents.
- What is life really like for three teenage mothers-to-be? This Teachers TV video can be used as a starting point to an engaging class discussion.
- Following three young fathers in Sunderland, this Teachers TV programme looks at what is being done to help teenage fathers, often ignored in the issue of teenage pregnancy.
- Jonathon Dimbleby leads a debate about teen pregnancy in Britain and issues surrounding lack of adequate sex education.
- Help pupils come to their own decision with this overview of laws and beliefs from around the world.
- A detailed study guide introducing how abortion is perceived in several religions.
- Case study scenarios to use in group discussions about abortion.
- Look over the secular arguments for and against abortion with this quick reference sheet.
Sex and the law
- Discussion points are raised in this PowerPoint – great for a class debate about underage sex.
- Try this BeatBullying guide for ideas on helping students stand up to sexual bullies.
- A presentation and lesson plan introducing students to the seriousness of sexual bullying.
- Teens talk about how to combat sexual bullying in schools in this Teachers TV video.
Sex, the internet, pornography
- Detailed lesson plan with resources to help you combat this modern trend.
- The law, the consequences and how to stay safe from sexting.
- SexEdUKcation shares this detailed guide to tackling the topic of pornography in the classroom.
Same sex relationships
- Questions and answers to help you support students who are not sure, or ashamed, of their sexuality.
- Show racism the red card shares a wonderful resource jam-packed with celebrities, tasks and discussion points to banish homophobia from school.
- Break down gender stereotypes with activity ideas from Discover Human Rights.
- Resources to helps students consider their attitudes towards same sex relationships and support friends in diverse relationships.