Web based research teaching resources
ICT - Web based research
Exploring the effective use of search engines to investigate and gather data safely and efficiently.
- If you’ve ever wanted a graphic illustration of the unreliability of web based information, just have a look for ‘dehydrated water’ and other such fake sites.
- A good starter or checkpoint task to see if students appreciate the difference between (for example) a blog and an affiliate site.
- A quick and simple paper-based quiz to see if students understand what appears on the screen when you press the “search” button.
- An excellent collaborative presentation brimming with ideas for using Google Forms to collect data and also feedback.
- A nice, bright and colourful display with lots of ideas for using Google that you may not be familiar with.
- A really useful quiz that requires more than just a quick trip to Google to find the answers.
- A research task aimed at Y9. Use it as an ice breaker as you get to know them or as part of a research topic.
- A cross-curricular research topic for KS2, putting the use of ICT into context.
- A multimedia search engine, a useful alternative to Google and an engaging approach to finding things out.
- Efficient internet searching.
- This programme reveals the critical importance for teachers to provide guidance to their pupils when using the internet for research.