Teachers TV video collection - Primary English - Great lesson Ideas
Primary English Great Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS2 English.
Covering a variety of English topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
- A teacher demonstrates how to teach Key Stage 2 pupils about literacy and characterisation.
- A Key Stage 2 class write and record their own radio broadcasts as part of their oral rehearsal of a non-fiction recount.
- A teacher uses archive film in her English and media lessons to explore the structure of narrative, character and setting, and to develop Key Stage 2 pupils’ understanding of film language, in this primary lesson idea.
Speaking and Listening
- Three ready-to-use lesson ideas for good speaking and listening in Key Stages 1 and 2.
- Three teachers share their great lesson ideas to engage and motivate their pupils in reading at KS2.
- Three teachers show a variety of great lesson ideas to help pupils’ writing skills.
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more: