New Year teaching resources
Take a look at our lovely collection of free teaching resources focused on the upcoming new year and featuring calendars, poetry, goal setting and plenty of celebrations – all shared by teachers, for teachers.
New Year resources
- A PowerPoint to discuss the meaning of new year and new year’s resolutions
- A lovely poster display of children holding hands around the world to prompt a discussion on cultural differences and similarities.
- A reading activity with an accompanying writing template for pupils to fill in.
- A sheet to use for new year’s resolutions and wishes for self and the wider community, also to set a goal for the coming term.
- Help your pupils to reflect on the meaning of the new year, and the opportunities it presents, with this assembly pack.
- A simple and colourful acrostic poem template for ‘new year’.
- A PowerPoint about recycling after Christmas.
- A lovely, short video clip on the process of recycling.
- An interactive PowerPoint that looks at recycling on a basic level.
- Information sheet on the African American Kwanzaa celebration.
- A presentation combining information and a story about this French celebration that takes place in January; ends with a song.
New term, new targets
- A tutorial activity to help pupils understand the difference between long-term and short-term targets.
- A PowerPoint tutorial on how to set SMART targets.
- Show your pupils how to use calendars with this handy resource.
- A set of calendar worksheets with opportunities to talk about the season, the weather and special days.
- Four different ‘colouring in’ templates to use as a calendar for any year.