Art, design and technology - Olympics
- Take inspiration from this case study where students explored the theme of diversity through the 3012 Olympic Games and its alien participants.
- Making the link between sporting mottos and art movements this lesson explores the Futurist themes of motion and modernity.
- Inspire students to create their own art for the Games with this presentation of the commissioned posters produced by leading UK artists including Tracey Emin and Chris Ofili.
- Get pupils thinking about their target audience as they design their own logo for the 2012 Games.
- Every celebration needs decorations! So why not decorate your classroom with First News’ very own Olympic-themed bunting?
- You can use these free materials to run your own ‘Olympics African Footy’ tournament with African plastic bag footballs.