Careers and work skills resources
CV writing, job interviews and post-18 education are demystified in these careers resources. You can also help students prove their strengths with work skills resources that could help them gain an extra qualification.
- Help students identify their skills and understand the job application process with this detailed work skills booklet.
- Introduce students to voluntary work with this work skills assignment brief and resources.
- BTEC level one assignment brief and lesson plans covering how to apply for jobs.
- Attitude, behaviour and self-management are the focus of these BTEC work skills student workbooks.
- Show your students how fun and exciting working in STEM can be and challenge the misconceptions that still persist around the subjects with this great range of resources. .
- Get students started on the stepping stones to success with TESGA’s detailed resource pack introducing the structure of apprenticeship schemes.
- Energy shares a case study shedding light on foundation degrees.
- A PowerPoint introduction to the Russell Group universities.
- Explain the new full time/part time financial support available to students with these TESGA flyers.
- Help students understand the baffling world of clearing with this information guide by TES_SarahCunnane.
- If you are a tutor but know little about current higher education choices, this booklet will help you support students to make the right choice.
- For more information on apprenticeship case studies see TESGA’s profile.
Applying for jobs
- A starter activity to make CV writing less daunting for students.
- A template and example to help students shine in the letters they write to potential employers.
- Personal SWOT analysis can really help focus students’ CV writing. This EdComs guide includes this and more on applying for jobs.
- Calm those interview nerves with this EdComs lesson plan pack on preparing for interviews.
- A handy task sheet to encourage students to adapt their CV for each job they apply for.