Christmas teaching resources
'Tis the season of good will, presents and joy. Celebrate in class with these festive teaching resources and lesson plans, which include Christmas shopping maths, a Santa murder mystery, Christmassy tales, carol services, nativity scripts and more.
- Early years
- Assemblies and shows
- Quizzes and classroom games
- Literature and Literacy
- Religious education
- TES iboard 12 days of Christmas
Here you'll find a range of teaching resources to add a dash of good will to your nursery or early years classroom. Whether it's advent calendars, Christmas cards or a simple nativity script for a seasonal show, there will be something to bring you festive cheer!
- These A5 cards feature Christmas items for number line displays.
- A simple nativity script, which includes the lyrics to familiar Christmas songs.
- Produce your own Christmas cards, with this design tool from TESiboard.
The Christmas show is a great school tradition. Whether you’re producing a nativity, a carol service or a panto, we’re sure that you’ll find a script in this collection to suit you, along with an assortment of Christmas assemblies too.
- This PowerPoint includes readings, carols and beautiful graphics that will help your audience to get into the spirit of Christmas.
- This rhyming nativity play script is a great choice for younger students.
- TES user Chloe Doherty shares three short scripts for the Panto season.
Festive quizzes, pictures and Advent calendars are just some of the fun and games in store in this collection of hand-picked Christmas teaching resources.
- Can pupils pack up before the Christmas tree on this countdown clock is decorated?
- A quiz to test pupils’ knowledge of music and movies which keep spirits high during the Christmas season.
- Students must figure out who or what the Christmas tradition is from clues - is it a holly wreath or Rudolph?
From seasonal poetry and Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol to pantomime drama techniques and The Twelve Days of Christmas, we have a lovely collection of Literature and Literacy-based resources to get your class into the Christmas spirit.
- Introduce your pupils to gothic writing technique and the context of Dickens’ tale with these PowerPoint activities.
- A lovely set of comprehension and writing tasks including Martha Cratchit's diary entry, Scrooge's obituary and a letter from Scrooge's nephew.
- A PowerPoint with different forms of poetry all related to Christmas or winter.
This maths collection is packed with innovative Christmas calculations. Try these teaching resources to add a taste of the season to your classroom sums.
- Light up the Christmas tree in this activity where students can practise operations with negative numbers.
- Use Christmas pictures to help pupils work out fractions.
- A pack of Christmas puzzles for secondary students to solve.
Help your students to understand one of the most important events in the Christian calendar with our pick of the best resources uploaded by TES users.
- This straight-forward re-telling of tale of Jesus’ birth is perfect for younger learners.
- Study the Gospels of Matthew and Luke and examine what they reveal about the birth of Jesus.
- Explore Christmas traditions across the globe with this PowerPoint offering a snapshot of many different countries.
Joyeux Noël, fröhliche Weihnachten and ¡feliz Navidad! It’s not just how people wish each other a merry Christmas that varies from country to country, but the way that it’s celebrated too. Try this collection of hand-picked Christmas teaching resources and lesson plans to help pupils understand festive traditions and learn seasonal vocab so they can join in with celebrations wherever they may be.
- Explain the story of baby Jesus with this simple version in French.
- These simple picture flashcards will help pupils remember Spanish Christmas words.
- Fill-in-the-gaps and matching games are just two of the activities in this bundle of fun festive tasks.
Christmas is a time of giving. Give your pupils support and help them to celebrate the season with these SEN resources.
- Help pupils understand the story of Jesus’ birth with these picture flash cards.
- Let Father Christmas remind pupils of words to use over the holidays.
- Printed on dyslexia-friendly blue backgrounds, these baubles and snowmen can help pupils practise counting.
Lots of you loved these fun, festive and FREE interactive games last year so we’ve brought them back. They’ll have you and your
pupils hooked until Hogmanay.
There's over 20 hours of teaching for Key stages 1 and 2.
- Match each bauble with a symmetrical one.
- A tricky challenge - draw a Christmas tree using coordinates.
- Sort the elves by different attributes.