Christmas early years
Here you’ll find a range of teaching resources to add a dash of good will to your nursery or early years classroom. Whether it’s advent calendars, Christmas cards or a simple nativity script for a seasonal show, there will be something to bring you festive cheer!
Information and display
- These are some great ideas for Christmas role play.
- A PowerPoint that explores how we celebrate Christmas today, with seasonal animations on each slide.
- An advent calendar with animated images and information about Christmas customs around the world.
- Kermit and Grover ask children to explain how Santa fits down the chimney.
- Some beautiful images for a seasonal display.
- These A5 cards feature Christmas items for number line displays.
- Four interactive scenes to help pupils discuss and retell the story of Christmas. From TESiboard.
Songs and plays
- A simple nativity script, which includes the lyrics to familiar Christmas songs.
- These easy winter or Christmas-themed songs can be sung to familiar tunes.
- An original Christmas song with separate audio track and lyrics.
- A Christmas action song which can be downloaded for free.
- A Christmas themed dance activity.
- This simple performance, which introduces Santa and Christmas customs, is particularly useful for EAL pupils.
- A festive counting song with animation.
- Christmas reindeer fly on to the screen to help children in counting to ten.
- Produce your own Christmas cards, with this design tool from TESiboard.
- Sort the presents by shape, colour or size as they come off the conveyor belt. From TESiboard.
- A winter bingo game which focuses on the numbers one to ten.
- These lotto game boards use images of traditional Christmas items.
- A shape and space activity for designing wrapping paper using repeating image patterns. From TESiboard.
- A simple control activity where pupils dress Santa and his elf. From TESiboard.