This maths collection is packed with innovative Christmas calculations. Try these teaching resources to add a taste of the season to your classroom sums.
- Use Christmas pictures to help pupils work out fractions.
- It’s time to stir in the currants and add a dash of Brandy…but things could get disastrous if pupils don’t think through timings and servings correctly.
- The shop’s till has broken in the busy run-up to Christmas! Try these shopping-themed tasks to test pupils’ mental maths.
- There’ll be no presents this year: Santa Claus is dead! This murder mystery task asks pupils to work out who the humbug culprit is.
- Pupils can practise adding and subtracting baubles with this festive worksheet.
- Santa’s timetable is tight, but he must stick to it if he’s going to reach every good boy and girl in time.
- These Sudoku puzzles are dressed up as Christmas presents for some seasonal fun.
- Pupils can practise counting from one to twelve with this fun activity which asks them to rewrite the classic Christmas song.
- This great selection of festive activities will help you count down the days to Christmas.
- Pupils can tally Santas, Christmas trees and presents in this bar chart activity.
- A Christmas quiz packed with seasonal sums.
- Which decade was best for Christmas music? Students try to decide in this mathematic investigation.
- A pack of Christmas puzzles for secondary students to solve.
- A relay race where students work in teams to solve puzzles.
- Light up the Christmas tree in this activity where students can practise operations with negative numbers.
- Students can create a 3D Christmas scene using the Autograph player. TES maths adviser Craig Barton shows you how in this tutorial video.
- Let pupils practise ratios while making sure that Santa’s reindeers get fed.
- This perimeter and area activity is inspired by the Coca-Cola Christmas adverts.