Joyeux Noël, fröhliche Weihnachten and ¡feliz Navidad! It’s not just how people wish each other a merry Christmas that varies from country to country, but the way that it’s celebrated too. Try this collection of hand-picked Christmas teaching resources and lesson plans to help pupils understand festive traditions and learn seasonal vocab so they can join in with celebrations wherever they may be.
- This comprehensive PowerPoint explains how Christmas is celebrated in France.
- Build pupils’ research and dictionary skills with this seasonal language quiz.
- This picture labeling exercise will help students learn Christmas words in French.
- See what pupils can find out about Christmas in France with this research and presentation task.
- This picture bingo game tests how many Christmas words pupils know.
- A selection of word searches with Christmas and nativity vocab.
- Step-by-step instructions for pupils to create their own Christmas cards with French greetings.
- This game helps pupils to practise directional language in French.
- Explain the story of baby Jesus with this simple version in French.
- This simple vocab list will help pupils to write a letter to Santa.
- Seasonal stickers that reward good work while reminding pupils of festive French vocab.
- Bring a little French festivity to school by trying these ideas for an assembly or concert.
- This simple story about Father Christmas getting ready for his Christmas Eve adventures is great for revising clothes.
- This Christmas song is set to the tune of Frère Jacques.
- These starters activities are perfect for the festive period.
- Introduce pupils to Christmas traditions in England and Germany with this multiple choice quiz.
- There are 50 Christmas terms for pupils to find in this word search.
- Fill-in-the-gaps and matching games are just two of the activities in this bundle of fun festive tasks.
These picture cards will help pupils remember Christmas words.
- This simple seasonal rhyme will remind pupils of grammar points and asks them to create their own Christmas poem.
- Help pupils to remember colours in German with this poem and accompanying dance.
- Students can practise reading the imperative by studying these simple German recipes.
- This German translation of ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’ combines animation and sound for singing along in class.
- This festive counting song will remind pupils of the numbers one to ten in German.
- Click on the numbers to reveal how each one is pronounced.
- A poem that combines Mexican Spanish and English to help pupils get to grips with both languages.
- These simple picture flashcards will help pupils remember Spanish Christmas words.
- Use these step-by-step instructions to design Christmas cards with Spanish greetings.
- Practise numbers and Christmas vocab with this simple, festive board game.
- Posters, a quiz and vocab to bring some Spanish Christmas cheer to your classroom.
- Pupils must guess what each of these Christmas images are before they are fully revealed.