TES collection Handwriting
Primary English - Handwriting
In this collection, we have a variety of quality resources to help pupils form their letters, including worksheets, line guides, good practice and even that important Pen Licence when they have reached the level of proficiency required!
- Handwriting policy for Nursery/Infant School showing progression and expectations.
- Criteria for use with Big Writing.
- To be awarded to children who earn their ‘pen licence’.
- A reminder to work neatly - earn 10 stamps to receive a pen licence.
- Reminder cards for children to use as bookmarks or have stuck to their desks.
- A series of cards with a checklist of rules for neat writing. Useful for display or as reminder cards for tables.
- Bookmark to allow young children to check their own writing.
- Use these guides to help with finger spaces in writing.
- Use these guides to help with finger spaces in writing – for left-handed children.
- Descriptions of the way to form letters, in an easy to follow word document.
- Letter formation families with arrows to show where to start on each letter.
- A dinosaur for each letter of the alphabet in handwriting font.
- A presentation with animations of letter formation.
- A presentation with animations of cursive letter formation.
- Write your own letters, phonemes, words or sentences. Save them and see them replay.
- A good display for the classroom where cursive handwriting is being taught.
- Full colour animal alphabet frieze listed – cursive letters.
- Visual reminders of the correct way to write ‘b’ and ‘d’.
- Correct letter formation - semi-cursive, with images.
- All the handwriting lessons needed to teach letter orientation – Notebook format.
- Letters for handwriting practice, with images.
Line guides and worksheets
- A collection of pre-writing practice worksheets and a worksheet generator which allows creation of custom handwriting tasks in a range of lined and unlined tracing fonts.
- Backgrounds used during Big Writing to help the children with their presentation and handwriting.
- Helpful for children who need help with letter sizes, ascenders and descenders.
- A free, web-based resource for quickly creating handwriting practice worksheets.
- Letter formation sheets, handwriting practice texts, handwriting sheets and more.
- A set of handwriting sheets that can be adapted to the sound/phoneme that is being taught.
- A plain page of old fashioned handwriting guidelines to use and adapt.
SEN teacher has uploaded a large selection of packs for pupils to practise handwriting. Useful for structured, independent work:
- A worksheet to develop handwriting skills by overwriting the spirals.
- A worksheet to develop handwriting skills by overwriting the spirals, including space to draw your own.
- A worksheet to develop handwriting skills by overwriting the rectangles.
- A worksheet to develop handwriting skills by overwriting the quadrilaterals, including space to draw your own.