Phoenix High School is an institution that is enriched by a wide diversity of cultures and races. We strive to recognise and celebrate this diversity in our work and play. We believe that the experiences that our students bring with them to school represent a positive gain to our community.
At Phoenix High School we aim to challenge and excite students and adults by providing a flexible and dynamic learning environment for all.
Our day-to-day practice is firmly grounded in the belief that everyone irrespective of attainment has the capacity to learn and develop creatively. Therefore, one of Phoenix High School’s fundamental aims is to ensure that the diverse talents of every student are fulfilled.
- To provide an environment that enables every individual regardless of gender, race, creed, class or ability to develop their abilities and talents within the school community.
- To encourage and project an ethos of mutual respect and support where the diversity of people’s backgrounds is used to enrich the community.
- To develop well-rounded, self-fulfilled individuals who are aware of and who are able to take advantage of all that Phoenix High School offers.
- To widen perspectives, raise expectations and show through the success of older students and adults that aspirations can be realised.
- To integrate all the students’ diverse learning experiences into a cohesive and coherent whole.
At Phoenix High School we know we can make a significant difference in the lives of our learners.