Apply by 10/12/2012, Job start April 2013 or sooner if possible
Educating and Inspiring
Al-Madinah School is a 4-16 all-through Muslim Faith school in Derby. Our school is based on the Islamic teachings of peacefulness, unity, equality and diversity, selflessness, morality and the sharing of knowledge. We are open to children of all faiths and none with a purpose to develop understanding and respect for all. We are looking to appoint an inspirational Vice Principal - Head of Primary with exceptional leadership skills to build on the amazing success of our Sep 2012 start-up and carry the school improvement plan forward.
We require a forward thinking leader who shares our commitment to provide a learning environment that encourages pupils and staff to be the very best they can be. If you are creative, energetic and reflective and want to take the lead role in this vibrant and happy new school - where children and their development and well-being come first - then this is very much the job for you.
We are looking for someone who will demonstrate excellent leadership skills, an excellent record of attainment and achievement and a strong belief that children should enjoy their learning experiences whilst realising and securing their full potential.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is ideally a provenmember of the Senior Leadership Teamcommitted to inspirational teaching and learning and raising standards of attainment
- can lead& inspire a team of dedicated hard working staff to secure an outstanding grade
- is a reflective, caring and outstanding leader and classroom practitioner with vision, commitment and high expectations
- can lead and develop a curriculum that challenges traditional teaching methods, and promotes key skills of resilience, independence and collaboration
- Someone who is passionate and committed to the Every Child Matters agenda and improving the quality of life for children and their families
- Someone with excellent organisational and management skills
Al-Madinah School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post requires an enhanced CRB disclosure.
We warmly invite you to visit our school, please contact the PA to the Principal Miss Maryam Akhtar on 01332 720 136 or MaryamAkhtar@almadinahschool.co.uk to arrange the visit and to discuss the role. The visits to the school which will take place at 10:00 - 11:00 on 4th, 5th& 6th of December 2012. Interviews are scheduled to take place w.c 17th December 2012.