This job is not live on TES website.
Business Studies Teacher
Posted 06/11/2012, Suitable for NQTs
Job start January 2013
'Widening Horizons, Raising Aspirations'. "There is a shared vision amongst all staff to improve the outcome and achievement of all students" OFSTED September 2008.
"Warlingham is a good school with an outstanding sixth form" (OFSTED). We are a successful (KS4 : 96% 5 A* - C, 70% 5 A* - C including English and Mathematics) Business and Enterprise specialist school located close to the M25 and Surrey/Croydon border. The school is over-subscribed with students "who enjoy school" and where "behaviour around the school and in lessons is always good and often exemplary" (OFSTED). We are committed to the continued professional development of all staff and have Investors in People status.
We are looking to recruit an NQT or an experienced Business Studies teacher who will want to make a valuable contribution to all aspects of the school's continuing improvement within a large and innovative department at the forefront of our specialist status. Business Studies courses are very popular in all key stages and are taught in high spec business-style accommodation. All our NQTs are well supported by an excellent induction programme.
You will have
- The ability to teach Business Studiesand keep up to date with the subject
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A passion for Business Studies and the ability to share this with young people
- A willingness to contribute to department initiatives such as enterprise days
We will offer you
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity to commitment and raise student achievement even further.
For an application pack please telephone Mrs Julie Hillier on 01883 624067 Ext 2014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Interviews will be arranged for suitably qualified candidates on receipt of application.
"This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment"
Tithe Pit Shaw Lane
Telephone: 01883 624067 (ext 2014)
Fax: 01883 621902
Mixed Comprehensive, NOR 1530 (including 330 in the Sixth Form)
Warlingham School is a thriving 11-18, mixed, comprehensive school situated on the fringe of Surrey and Greater London. We converted to academy status in November 2012, not as part of an academy chain but as a ‘stand-alone’...
- Org Type:
- Funding Status:
- State - Academy
- Age Range:
- 11 - 18 years
More about Warlingham School
- Tithepit Shaw Lane
- 01883 624 067
- 01883 624 026
Please refer to the vacancy for application contact information