This job is not live on TES website.
Posted 07/12/2012, Not Suitable for NQTs
Apply by 07/01/2013, Job start Easter 2013, or as soon as possible thereafter
L35 - L41
The governors of this good and oversubscribed school wish to appoint an exceptional, leader who is a committed and practising Catholic, to the post of Headteacher. You will be someone who is excited by the opportunity offered by being part of this new multi-academy trust and to lead the next stage of our School development. Situated close to the M62/A1M/M1, the school has a truly comprehensive intake of pupils from the surrounding area including Pontefract, Wakefield and Leeds.
The governors wish to appoint a new Headteacher who:
- Is well qualified and highly motivated
- Will share their passion and commitment to Catholic education
- Will be committed to building upon the school's considerable existing strengths
- Will be driven to succeed and raise attainment
Our successful candidate will:
- Have the drive and focus to lead the whole school to outstanding
- Be a reflective leader
- Inspire the highest quality teaching and learning
- Have high expectations of themselves and others, exemplified through challenge and support
What we offer:
- Strong Catholic ethos
- Caring and inclusive community
- Committed staff
- Strong International links
- Dedicated Academy Council Members and Trust Board
- A positive climate for learning and good behaviour - Ofsted, March 2012
All information and application forms are available to download from www.st-wilfrids.wakefield.sch.uk in the job opportunities section. For any further information and to send completed applications, please contact: JDO@st-wilfrids.wakefield.sch.uk
Closing date: Noon on 7th January 2013.
Interview date: 16th - 17th January 2013.
Informal visits are welcome.
St Wilfrid's Catholic High School & Sixth Form College, a Voluntary Academy, Cutsyke Road, Featherstone, West Yorkshire WF7 6BD
Tel: 01977 691000 ext. 202
St Wilfrid's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
- Cutsyke Road
- 01977 691000
- 01977 723569
Please refer to the vacancy for application contact information