Due to the retirement of our outstanding Headteacher the Governors are seeking to appoint a fully committed practising Roman Catholic.
St Joseph's Roman Catholic High School is a happy and welcoming community, where every child is known, valued and feels a sense of belonging.
The Section 48 Inspection of April 2010 described St Joseph's as 'an outstanding Catholic school' where 'the vision and ethos stemming from the Mission Statement is strongly evident in the daily life of the school, not least in the mutual respect which characterises all relationships'.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, visionary and inspirational school leader, who will continue to build upon the many strengths of the school and take St Joseph's to the next level of achievement.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Roman Catholic, with a vision for Catholic education.
- Have the personality, drive and ambition to inspire both staff and students.
- Be passionate about enabling students to shine, develop their potential and celebrate their talents whatever they may be.
- Know how to engage parents in their child's education.
- Have a track record of effective senior management success and proven leadership skills.
- Be able to communicate and engage the wider community.
Our learners are friendly, enthusiastic, keen to learn and behave well. Our staff are dedicated to raising student achievement. Our parents and Governing body are united in their commitment to school improvement.
St Joseph's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
For further details, and an application pack, please contact Mrs A Moore on 01204 697456 or by email at AMoore564@st-josephs.bolton.sch.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 9th January 2013
Shortlisting: Monday 21st January 2013
Interviews: Thursday 31st January and Friday 1st February 2013
St. Joseph's RC High School and Sports College
Chorley New Road, Horwich, BOLTON BL6 6HW
Telephone: 01204 697456 Fax: 01204 669018