Primary Science Lesson Ideas
Teachers demonstrate and discuss their most inspirational lessons in this collection of videos for KS2 Science.
Cov More…ering a variety of Science topics, they give tips and advice for delivering the lessons yourself.
Forces and Motion
Forces and Motion Activities
- Four primary teachers present their great lesson ideas for teaching forces and motion which involve clay modelling, chopsticks and jelly cubes, balloon rockets and paper helicopters.
Light and Sound
Light and Sound Activities
- Teachers present four great lesson ideas which include glass bottle instruments, coat hangers and string, curtains for the Three Little Pigs and constructing periscopes.
- This great lesson idea, uses modelling to help pupils understand that light travels in a straight line from a light source, and reflects from objects into the eye.
- Three teachers present their great electricity ideas which include games for making circuits, electric rope, ping-pong balls to test conductivity and a novel ‘yes or no’ game.
The Apprentice Electrician
- This great lesson idea, gets pupils to problem solve using their current electricity understanding, in order to become an Apprentice Electrician.
- KS1 and 2 teachers present their four great lesson ideas for teaching materials: Including Alien Soup, An Irreversible Change, The Snowman’s Coat and An Unexpected Outcome.
For the resources used in these videos, plus many more:
Lesson Starters - Living Things
Lesson Starters - Materials
Lesson Starters - Physical World: Light
Lesson Starters - Physical World: Sound
Lesson Starters - Physical World: Force and Motion