Early Years Foundation Stage / Understanding the World teaching resources
12,244 Free teaching resources: lesson plans, worksheets, teaching ideas and much more.
Last updated: 01 November 2014
Introduce your pupils to the wonder and complexity of the world around them with our collection of free early years teaching resources designed to promote understanding of the world.
Help your students learn all about animals or encourage outdoor learning. You can also get themed activities from NGfL Cymru and search for keywords to find free teaching resources, all created by teachers, for teachers.
Introduce young learners to the wonderful world of minibeasts
Highly rated resources
- Family and Community - (Activity) 50 ideas for meeting your new class by tafkam
- Colour and Pattern - (Activity) Maths activities for the foundation stage. by biliboi
- Games and Talking - (Game, Puzzle, Quiz) Short phonic games by jambam
- Alphabet - (Lesson Plan) Weekly Lesson Plans for Phonics Phase 1-6 by klbishop
- Alphabet - (Activity) Games to play in class (suitable for all subjects) by Waiguoren
- Baby Animals Topic Web and Planning by GillV12
- Advent and Christmas Topic Web and Planning by GillV12
- Shadows and silhouettes (Bonfire Night) by JoolsFL
- Gunpowder Plot by MissLoveridge
- Still lifes of a hospital bed- watercolor painting by Fons Heijnsbroek
- Guess What...? Halloween Guessing Game! [Volume 2] by CheeriToons