TES collection Outdoor learning
Ideas for outdoor learning
A series of resources collections full of ideas and inspirations for outdoor learning for Primary and Early Years - Each collection contains teaching ideas and pupil activities, reviewed and recommended by teachers for teachers. Find Geography, Maths, English and Science resources, plus many more creative ideas for cross-curricular learning.
Early Years outdoor play
- Activities and games for outdoor play
- Stories to inspire creative outdoor activities
- the best song collection for Early Years ever
Collections for resources for creative outdoor learning at Primary school
- Take inspiration from both natural patterns and man-made designs
- Materials to support learning about your local area
- Lesson plans, interactive games, quizzes and worksheets, focussing on climate change, energy-efficiency, recycling and transport.
English, Maths and Science resources to support learning outside
English– collections of Primary English resources
- Non-fiction texts about animals and plants
- Non-fiction texts about mammals & birds, minibeasts, reptiles & amphibians, plants & trees
Maths– collections of Primary Maths resources
- Try these whiteboard activities when preparing for outside maths sessions exploring capacity with water etc.
- Perfect ideas for maths skills to be applied in outdoor learning projects
- A great maths learning topic for outdoors, use these whiteboard activities before and after going outside
- Great maths learning topic for outdoors. A collection of teacher shared materials to support this
- Another great maths learning topic for exploring the world around us
- Take your class outside for maths learning in action. Great maths learning topic for outdoors.
Science– collections of Primary Science resources
- Resources providing all sorts of details about our feathered friends, with various bird-related activities and ideas.
- Space, planets and solar activities, IWB, worksheets and planning resources
- Animals and plants need each other to survive. A simple enough premise, but how do we teach about the web of life?
- Here are resources to help you plan and to inspire your pupils to discuss, explore and experiment
- Biology and ecology activities, interactive whiteboards, planning and photos.
- Resources to kick-start a unit on materials, focusing on their uses, qualities and behaviour
- Minibeast games, activities, displays, posters, worksheets and plans
- Lesson plans, interactive screens and exciting practical activities