English, drama and media - Olympics
- This lesson reminds us of the power of speech asking students to practise persuasive techniques.
- A range of Non-Fiction Olympic-themed articles – great preparation for the AQA GCSE.
- Engraved on the walls of the Olympic village Tennyson’s poem, Ulysses is an inspirational text. Study it closely with this comprehension and research lesson.
- Challenge your pupils to write an Olympic acrostic – and an added challenge for more able pupils.
Recording the Games
- This extensive 3-part Non-Fiction resource for KS3 is a veritable treasure trove of Olympic activities.
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- How much do you know about the history of the Olympic Games?
- Do you know your Olympics Greats? How well do you know Team GB?
- This picture quiz will ask students to identify several Olympic athletes, both old and new.