16 November 2012
Links to resources, events and reviews featured in TES this week
Key stage 1 - World Aids Day
- A simple PowerPoint from foxedup80 to raise awareness of HIV and Aids.
Key stage 2 - Kishe's Story
- Pupils can find out how HIV affects communities, with Hamilton Trust's resource pack focusing on an orphan's story.
Key stage 3 - Understand Aids
- Explain the differences between HIV and Aids with a presentation from leighbee23.
Key stage 4 - How much do you know?
- Mr b shares a quiz to test students' knowledge of the viruses complemented with awareness posters.
Key stage 5 - HIV briefing
- Explain the details of the disease with this booklet from Society for General Microbiology.
21st Century Shakespeare
A teaching resource pack is available from TES
A dog's not just for Christmas
Blue Cross Education's resources are perfect for those pupils eagerly awaiting a pet for Christmas.
Try The Classroom resources from SchoolsOUT and get planning for 2013.
For inspiration and more details, check out the TES film studies collection.
Assembly of the week: Stop violence towards women
- For an assembly for every of the term, check out the TES assembly-a-day collection.
Top 10 World Aids Day (1 December)
Raise awareness of HIV and Aids with these hand-picked resources.
'If you have a novel idea for the classroom – or the solution to a knotty teaching problem - we'd love to hear about it.' Please email ideas to our Resources editor
Spotlight on… Charity
With the good will season approaching, encourage pupils to think of others with these resources from charities.
- See WaterAid London's resources
- Explore water issues with a range of interactive resources from TESiboard.
- Help students count their coins, with the TES money collection.
- From bank accounts to temperature, dontcallmelewi's PowerPoint explores real life situations where pupils may encounter negative numbers.
- TES spoke to Lord Robert Winston in a web chat last month, check out what he had to say.
- Get students making their own bottle rockets with p.tyron's lesson.
- The Royal Society has shared over 170 resources on TES, there's a wide range of topics covered from bats and bugs to trauma surgery.
- Clairecopp shares a French introduction to film genres.
- Help students to talk about the TV shows they watch, in French, with hunterdj's lesson. .
- Turn students into advertisers, with this German lesson from rosered27.
- Rhawkes' film and media booklet is packed with eight pages of vocab, perfect for a Spanish media unit.
- Try Spanishgalaxia's advertising activity which asks students to match up Spanish slogans to famous products.
- Download the FILMCLUB Parliament Week 'Democracy on Film'.
- Get students thinking politically with the TES Parliament Week collection.