Culture in the Classroom – video webchat
Why tune in?
A roundtable discussion about the evolving role of museums, galleries and other cultural organisations within education.
About our guests:
Jacqui O'Hanlon, Director of Education for the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) and Toby Parkin, Outreach and Resources Manager for the Science Museum, answer questions about the learning opportunities offered by cultural institutions and how teachers can make the most of what is on offer.
The RSC, one of the world's best known theatre companies, aims to connect people with Shakespeare and to produce bold, ambitious work with living writers, actors and artists.
The Science Museum, founded in 1857, is world renowned for its historic collections, awe-inspiring galleries and inspirational scientific exhibitions.
- Classical Spectacular is a dazzling and unique classical music concert available to download here along with a teaching guide from the Royal Albert Hall.
- Find out more about the collections, galleries and themes in the Royal Pavilion and Brighton Museums with this fabulous resource pack.
- A video made by pupils to introduce schools to the Natural History Museum in London.
- Inspire your pupils to invent and create with this great guide and activity from the Children's Museum of Houston.
- Futurecade is an innovative online game from the Science Museum to help bring science to life in the classroom.
Find out about all future TES video webchats